Looking for a new opportunity? We are always searching for top talent to join our growing team.
As a growing company, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We are passionate about what we do, and our collaborative working environment brings our core values to life. We value results, not hours worked. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide an open environment that will allow you to grow and achieve your goals.
We have many career paths at Swift Labs and we require a wide variety of talent and skills. If you have an innovative spirit, and your skills match the outline below, please apply – you’ll get more than a job, you’ll get a career! Don’t see what you’re looking for? Email email@example.com with your resume and we will reach out if an opportunity opens that matches your skillset.
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
At Swift Labs we design hardware products for various customers and various industries. We specialize in IOT and wireless products. Each product brings new challenges and opportunities to research and expand our design skills. As a member of the Swift Labs’ engineering team, you will work in a highly interactive and experienced team. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced start-up like environment and who wants to invent the future.
To be successful you need to be highly motivated, understand how to solve problems and dive deep, while delivering to the highest standards. You must have an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments. Your success will leverage your ability to multi-task, to work effectively cross functionally, and to drive projects to closure within specified timelines. You will demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills, show attention to details, be able to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm.
In this role, you will:
- Develop embedded software (C/C++, RTOS, Linux) on microcontrollers and ARM-based applications processors for new wireless and IOT products.
- Define software architecture, software partitioning and APIs in collaboration with other software designers.
- Provide estimates and set schedules for completion of assignments.
- Define, implement and maintain software build system.
- Design, code, integrate, bring-up and verify the board support package and the mission critical software on the HW platform.
- Document code and implement code change tracking using revision control and bug tracking tools.
- Develop debug and test scripts.
- Develop and verify the test software builds required for development kits and HW verification activities, including reliability, regulatory and wireless certification tests.
- Follow the full design life cycle process including participation in requirements specification, design activities, planning, code reviews and customer meetings.
- You may coordinate and direct the work of other embedded software designers or coop students.
The qualifications you will bring:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field.
- Experience with multithreaded programming for real-time embedded systems (C/C++, RTOS).
- Solid knowledge about embedded operating systems, HW/SW integration,32/16-bit ARM/Intel microprocessors, communication controllers, A/D and D/A converters, digital communications protocols (I2C, UART, SPI, USB, PCIe, Ethernet), embedded/remote debugging, cross-development, tasks, interrupts, exceptions, etc.
- Experience with bare-metal programming, bootloader and firmware development.
- Experience with Linux kernel and device drivers.
- Ability to gain technical insights from reading schematics and datasheets.
- Familiarity with using tools such as Protocol Analyzers, JTAG, debuggers, profilers, and standard lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, and specific RF test equipment.
- Familiarity with Github, using a Linux-based development environment.
- Problem solving and debugging skills at the software and hardware level.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective multidisciplinary communication skills and a cross-functional mindset.
- Expert in one or more technical fields (e.g. IOT applications, Linux drivers, security, network, etc.
- Technical leadership experience is an asset.